This website does not endorse products of any type. Members may send suggested links to the Information Officer.
Please see the Events Calendar for links to proposed or upcoming events. Event reports can be found on the Past Events Page
- The Scientific Working Group for Geological Materials
- The Geologic Society of London Forensic Geoscience Group
- The Centre for Australian Forensic Soil Science (CAFSS) website
- Forensic Geology (USA) website
- Raymond Murray's website
- Il Portale di Geoscienze Forensi
- Proceedings of the ICE - Forensic Engineering
2011 Trace Evidence Symposium, 9 - 11 AugustAt the Science, Significance, and Impact Conference, co-sponsored by the Office of Justice Programs’ National Institute of Justice (NIJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Laboratory Division. Click here for more information on the Trace Evidence Symposium 2011
For free live streaming of some of the events go to http://www.nfstc.org/trace-evidence-symposium-sessions-to-be-streamed-live-online/.
The soils session was scheduled for Wednesday morning, August 10th, 2011.
Direct links to videos:
- The Value of Diatoms and Botanical Evidence in a Police Brutality Case Marianne Stam video of presentation (other files are available at the top link)
- Forensic Sand and Soil Microscopy: Techniques and Casework Applications Skip Palenik video of presentation (other files are available at the top link)
- Forensic Microanalysis of Building Materials William M. Schneck video of presentation (other files are available at the top link)
- Presentation of Case Study: The Role of Microscopic Trace Evidence in the Solution of the Green River Murders Skip Palenik video of presentation (other files are available at the top link)